Let's Get Cooking with the 2017 MGM Resorts International Recipe Showdown
Meeting Planners, Travel Professionals and Leisure Partners
Compete for Prizes and Bragging Rights
LAS VEGAS (April 18, 2017) – Back for a fourth consecutive year, the MGM Resorts International Recipe Showdown will be in 12 cities across the U.S. between June and September and is open to travel industry professionals and meeting planners.
Now is the time to start sifting through those kitchen drawers for that favorite family recipe. Winners of each city showdown will be whisked away to Las Vegas in October for the national finals and compete for the honor, prizes and bragging rights of being the 2017 MGM Resorts International Recipe Showdown winner! The 12 finalists will prepare their dishes in front of a live audience cheering on their picks.
Past showdowns have been fun and exciting successes with the city winners dishing up their best-kept secret recipes in Las Vegas in front of celebrity chef judges. Only one could prevail and past honors have gone to Melissa Moskal, creative manager at Prime Strategies in Vancouver, Canada, who wowed the judges with Melissa’s Marvelous Moussaka; Lori Brennan, Leadership Development coordinator for Amazon, turned her family’s Seattle Salmon Bowl into an award-winning dish and Teresa Gangelhoff, travel agent with Affordable Travel Vacations in Minneapolis, won with her family’s Figgy Pear Flatbread.
The city showdowns begin in June and go through September where one winner will emerge from each location.
Prizes include fabulous Vegas vacations with fine dining options and limo transportation.
For those who think they have what it takes and can stand the heat to go head-to-head with fellow meeting planners and travel professionals, they can submit their favorite family recipe by clicking here.
- Chicago – June 8
- Atlanta – July 17
- New York City – July 26
- Peapack-Gladstone, NJ – July 27
- Indianapolis – August 9
- Denver – August 17
- Oxon Hill, MD – August 17
- San Diego – August 24
- Dallas – August 24
- Minneapolis – August 24
- Seattle – September 13
- San Francisco – September 20
- FINALS – Las Vegas – October 26
- Recipes can be any type of dish from appetizer, entrée to dessert served for breakfast, lunch, dinner or late-night
- City competitions will be judged by fellow meeting and travel professionals
- The top three finalists from each city will have their recipes featured in a recipe book by meeting and travel professionals for meeting and travel professionals
- Click here for the 2016 MGM Resorts International Recipe Showdown Cookbook featuring the top recipes from last year’s competition
- First place finalist in each city will be flown to Las Vegas for the national finals on November 2 to compete in a 12-person Cook-Off. Transportation and lodging will be provided by MGM Resorts International
- Judges for the finals will be celebrity chefs from MGM Resorts International restaurants
- 1st Place – All-expense-paid trip to the South Beach Wine & Food Festival in Miami; February 2018
- 2nd Place – Three-night stay at an MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas, airport limo transfer, dinner each night
- 3rd Place – Two-night stay at an MGM Resorts destination in Las Vegas, airport limo transfer, dinner each night
# # #
MGM Resorts International